Wanna make something tasty and healthy, easy and fast? Well, better fasten your seat-belts cause the best is yet to come. For today’s menu we present you the Fast&Furious Skillet LASAGNA! Mmmm better prepare for a real feast. Here is the recipe:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup water
- 6 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- Parmesan cheese
And the instructions:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent for about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ½ tsp salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the ground beef, breaking the meat into pieces and cooking until it’s no longer pink.
- Layer the lasagna noodles over the meat and pour the tomato sauces and water over the pasta. Cover and bring the dish to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is done. Season the lasagna with some more salt and pepper to your taste.
- Take the lasagna off the heat and roughly stir in the cottage cheese. Top with big chunks of mozzarella and let it sit covered for about 5 minutes or until the cheese it melted.
- Top it with Parmesan and basil.